Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Love

Favorite Oscar moments:

Best Actor Winner Jeff Bridges
"Movies are more than entertainment; they're connecting us and music is the same way. Both music and movies are a common link for all of us." - Jeff Bridges
I honestly cannot say it enough but again, go see Crazy Heart.


The Hurt Locker taking the biggest awards of the night: Best Director, Kathryn Bigelow (FIRST FEMALE TO WIN IT) and Best Picture. It's a great movie; it deserved every award it got. Jeremy Renner is seriously wonderful and I'm looking forward to what he does next.

Best Actress Winner Sandra Bullock alongside hubby Jesse James. Her speech was my favorite; she was very humble and personally complimented each woman in her category.

I was really pleased with the results of the awards as well as the show overall and feel that all of the winners were very deserving.
After last night I plan on finally seeing Inglorious Basterds and A Single Man. But I still have no desire to see Avatar.

Now for the fashion...
I wasn't blown away with any of the dresses but I did love Maggie Gyllenhall's as well as Miley's and Vera Farmiga's:


My favorite hair/accessories/makeup were SJP & Carey Mulligan:


What did YOU think?

Credit: People Magazine, Yahoo, InStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment